Halifax County Health Director Bruce Robistow released the latest update regarding COVID-19.
As of Jan. 13, the Halifax County Health Department reports 3,541 total positive COVID-19 cases. Sadly, two additional deaths have been added for today. The following is a breakdown of the positive cases:
* 41 new positive COVID-19 cases reported since Jan. 12
* 2,813 (79.84%) patients have recovered as of Jan. 13
* 667 (18.84%) patients have not recovered as of Jan. 13
* 2 (0.06%) patients unknown as of Jan. 13
* 59 (1.67%) COVID-19 related deaths
The graph shows positive cases beginning March 25 through Jan. 13. The peaks and valleys indicate the daily number of positive cases. The yellow line indicates the trend of positive cases. The graph shows a sustained increase in the trend and a decrease since yesterday.
Total number of positives by zip code beginning March 25 through Jan. 13:
* Enfield (27823) – 484 cases
* Halifax (27839) – 148 cases
* Hobgood (27843) – 87 cases
* Hollister (27844) – 199 cases
* Littleton (27850) – 255 cases
* Roanoke Rapids (27870) – 1,937 cases
* Scotland Neck (27874) – 266 cases
* Tillery (27887) – NCDHHS does not provide data on zip code
* Weldon (27890) – 164 cases
Please continue to practice the three W’s. It is very important that we all work together to protect each other by:
• wearing a mask properly covering your nose and mouth
• waiting six feet apart
• wash/disinfect hands frequently
According to the Northampton County Health Department’s Facebook page, as of Jan. 12, there are 1,275 total positive COVID-19 cases of which 1,115 have recovered and 59 related COVID-19 deaths. Currently, there are 101 active cases in Northampton County.
For more information, visit bit.ly/3ehVxUc.