The Kirkwood Adams Community Center vaccine site has been canceled, according to a press release from Halifax County Health Director Bruce Robistow.
COVID-19 vaccinations will be offered from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates at Halifax Community College, Building 700.
The health department will continue to vaccinate groups 1A and 1B-1 Jan. 12.
1A group includes:
• Health care workers caring for and working directly with patients with COVID-19, including staff responsible for cleaning and maintenance in those areas
• Health care workers administering the vaccine
• Long-term care staff and residents — people in skilled nursing facilities and in adult, family and group homes.
1B-1 group includes:
• Anyone 75 years and older, regardless of health status or living situation
The Halifax County Health Department will begin vaccinating group 1B-2 Jan. 13-14.
1B-2 group includes:
- • Health care workers and frontline essential workers 50 years and older
- The CDC defines frontline essential workers as first responders (fire fighters and police officers), corrections officers, food and agricultural workers, U.S. Postal Service workers, manufacturing workers, grocery store workers, public transit workers, and those who work in the education sector (teachers and support staff members) as well as child care workers.