HALIFAX — Rural Health Group at its Halifax Medical Specialists location, 270 Smith Church Road in Roanoke Rapids, will offer first dose Moderna vaccine to all groups every Monday and Tuesday during the month of April, according to a press release from the Halifax County Health Department. The vaccination is available to anyone ages 18 and older. Registration is required to ensure adequate seating and vaccine supply.
To register/schedule a first dose Moderna vaccine appointment with Rural Health Group at HMS, visit bit.ly/3rR4p9A.
Drugco Pharmacy will offer first and second dose appointments by online registration only for all groups. All vaccine clinics will be held at Kirkwood Adams Community Center, 1100 Hamilton St. in Roanoke Rapids.
• To schedule an appointment with Drugco for the Johnson and Johnson vaccine for Friday for anyone ages 18 and over, visit bit.ly/3mmkS4b.
• To schedule a first dose appointment with Drugco for the Pfizer vaccination for Thursday for anyone ages 16 years and older, visit bit.ly/2OsVuxq.
• To schedule a second dose appointment with Drugco for through Wednesday for anyone ages 18 and over, visit https://hipaa.jotform.com/210244193688156
Other important information:
• If an individual has received any other vaccines of any kind (flu, shingles, pneumonia, tetanus, etc.) within the past 14 days, they must wait at least 14 days to get the COVID vaccine.
• Any individual diagnosed with COVID must wait 14 days after being diagnosed as positive AND have no symptoms to receive a vaccine.
• Anyone who was in the hospital for COVID and received antibody therapy must wait 90 days to receive the vaccine.
• Individuals must be 18 or older to receive Moderna or Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
For more information regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, visit covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines
For the latest COVID-19 vaccination information, text COVIDVAX to 888777. You will be able to sign up to receive text messages for latest information related to COVID-19.