According to a press release from the Halifax County Health Department, COVID-19 vaccinations will be offered from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at Halifax Community College, Building 700, depending on available vaccine. Officials will continue to vaccinate group 1 and group 2 ONLY, formally called group 1B-1. A new change to the group to include 65 years and older.
Group 1 includes:
• Health care workers caring for and working directly with patients with COVID-19, including staff responsible for cleaning and maintenance in those areas
• Health care workers administering the vaccine
• Long-term care staff and residents — people in skilled nursing facilities and in adult, family and group homes.
Group 2 includes:
• Anyone 65 years and older, regardless of health status or living situation
The state will determine when officials will start vaccinating group 3 frontline essential workers.
Group 3 includes:
• The CDC defines frontline essential workers as workers who are in sectors essential to the functioning of society and who are at substantially higher risk for exposure to COVID-19
- The CDC defines frontline essential workers as first responders (fire fighters and police officers), corrections officers, food and agricultural workers, U.S. Postal Service workers, manufacturing workers, grocery store workers, public transit workers, and those who work in the education sector (teachers and support staff members) as well as child care workers.
According to the Northampton County Health Department’s Facebook page, their department is currently vaccinating individuals in Phase 1a as well as individuals 65 and older. Call 252-534-5841 with your name and number to be added to the waiting list and a staff member will contact you as doses become available.
Please note the State is currently only allocating a maximum of 100-200 doses weekly to Northampton County. Once shipments of vaccine are received and accounted for, individuals on the waiting list are contacted immediately to make an appointment. Northampton County Health Department staff are working tirelessly around the clock to provide this vaccine to citizens. Information regarding individuals who fall into other vaccine phases will be forthcoming.
For more information regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, visit covid19.ncdhhs.gov/vaccines.